SHAWN TALKS HEADSHOTS
HEADSHOTS ARE IMPORTANT!
Shawn knows this. As an actor who has spent 12 years as a studio manager for a New York City headshot photographer, he’s using his unique insight to help his fellow actors and performers better understand headshots and their importance in the entertainment industry.
See Shawn's Talk on
Backstage's YouTube Channel
And Check Out Backstage's Resources for Quarantined Actors: The Slate
Are you new to performing and want to learn more about the basics of the industry?
Do you perform sketch, standup, or improv and need better ways to promote yourself?
Have you had many headshot sessions in the past and never really been happy with the results?
Shawn will break down the facts of professional headshots and advise you how to nail a shot that gets you auditions rather that just being a pretty picture. He'll share tips and tricks that you'll use the rest of your life, including:
- What is a headshot and why do I need one?
- What are agents and casting directors looking for in a headshot?
- How should I prepare for my headshot shoot?
- Is there a photographer that's best for me?
- What's the best way to communicate what I need?
AND LOTS MORE!